THE WORLD IS RICH: PROCESS, REALITIES AND CONTINGENCY WITH MARTIN BÉLANGER (MTL)
This workshop offers an extended exploration of the creative process, and sails through the following concepts:
- Develop confidence in intuition, instinct, and the pleasure of play;
- Incite and gather the imaginary and the unconscious;
- Play with fate, drifting, systems, patterns, and allegories;
- Bring the emotion and affect as subjects;
- Integrate the physical realities, contexts, and barriers as structuring and triggering elements;
- Think beyond the visual and the representative: texture, intimacy, complicity and involvement;
- Observe and accept the process and its trajectory as phenomena lying outside the scope of egocentric control.
We will explore solo, duo, group or collective creation according to the desires and the nature of our cohort and this, in an open and discussed process.
Martin Bélanger has been active on the professional art scene since 1992. His approach is characterized by a broadened practice. As a performer, actor, collaborator, counselor, and choreographer, he takes part in projects that range from experimental theater to contemporary dance, including the interdisciplinary, giving priority to projects that tend to approach a more collaborative system. He completed a bachelor degree at Université du Québec à Montréal in 1997, and continues to work in theater and film as well as dance. His work have been presented in New York City, Berlin, Geneva, Bergen (Norway), Helsinki, France, Japan and throughout and Canada. In 2004, he founded his company Productions Laps. Bélanger has been commissioned by several institutions such as Montréal Danse, LADMMI l’école de danse contemporaine and the School of Dance of Ottawa, and by independent artists Peter Trosztmer, Anne-Marie Boisvert, Sarah Williams and Ève Garnier. He directed creative workshops with Le Groupe dance Lab and at La B.A.R.N.(10 Gates Dancing). www.martinbelanger.org
Space is limited & reservations are recommended at 514.393.3771 or by email at email@example.com. A $20 deposit is required.
RQD members are eligible for a partial reimbursement for non Emploi-Quebec workshops.
For Emploi-Quebec subsidized workshops, please contact us for eligibility requirements.
We only accept cash or cheques.
You can either mail a cheque or come and pay at our office during business hours.
- No reimbursement for the occasional missed class.
- Sickness/ injury: total reimbursement of missed classes, including the initial deposit if none of the classes has been followed.
- Scheduling conflict: partial reimbursement (non-applicable if there is a waiting list). We keep $20 as an administration fee.
- Planned absences: possibility of a special rate.
- Other situations: evaluated on a case per case basis