Monday — 7:15 p.m. – 9:15 p.m.
FALL: Sept. 11th to Dec. 4th, 2023
*No class on October 9*
$25 per class // Cash or e-transfer
$175 for full session // Cash, e-transfer or check
TO REGISTER > firstname.lastname@example.org
Mask recommended – please consult Studio 303’s COVID-19 Protocol for further information.
The 7Skopez Fam is happy to announce their new Krump class starting this fall! We offer you unique content including online assistance with your session registration. The 7Skopez Krump class is an all level class that takes a deep dive into the essence and complexity of Krump culture. Krump is a constantly evolving ”freestyle” dance that requires a strong understanding of the basic movements. Through this class, we will explore the foundations of this dance through three important components :
• Krump conditioning
• Session/Battle philosophy
It is a 2 hour class but most importantly, we want to recreate an experience. The 7Skopez Fam will be present to give support to the different participants regardless of their background. We want the people who are interested in this dance to have authentic interactions with members of our community.
• The class starts with a 15 min cardiovascular warm up
• Followed by 25 minutes of Krump-related strengthening exercises conditioning organized in a circuit format. Our goal is to strengthen the body and make people understand the importance of conditioning considering that krump is a very physical art form
• We then move on to the technical basics and drills. We believe that repetition is important and will lead to the learning of small combos and choreographic sequences
• We always finish the classes with a session to allow the participants to express themselves and interact with one another
Other important information
• Krump classes are loud so if you have hearing sensitivities, please be aware
• Shoes are required
• Please bring your own bottle of water
• The registration form signature is mandatory if you want to participate
• The class requires heavy impact on the floor and sudden movements. People with injuries or physical disabilities that prevent them from doing this type of movement should discuss this with the teacher.
Vladimir “7Starr” Laurore is a pioneer of the Canadian Krump scene. In 2005, he co-founded the first Krump crew in Canada, Bzerk Squad and is mentor of the 7Skopez Fam. He has been a guest competitor/judge on both national and international platforms in major competitions. 7Starr is also recognized for his community involvement, conferences and teaching in elementary & high schools, universities & community centers. Currently, he is president of the Montreal Krump Alliance, a non-profit organization that specializes in promoting Krump and organizes the Gutta Zone Fest. In 2017, he received the Victor Martyn Lynch Staunton award given by the Canada Council for the Arts for outstanding artistic achievement by Canadian artists. In 2018, the Black Theatre Workshop awarded him the Gloria Mitchell-Aleong Award. In 2020, he won ”Prix découverte” awarded by Les prix de la danse de Montréal and he also debuted his Krump music career.
Evening classes are open to all levels, and it is recommended to register in advance for one or multiple classes.
Registration is done directly with the teachers, please contact them if you need additional information.